What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded on your computer through websites. They are tools that have an essential role in delivering numerous services of the information company. Among others, they allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
Depending on who manages the website from which the cookies are sent and who manages the data obtained, two types of cookies can be distinguished:
- First party cookies: Cookies sent to the user’s computer from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third party cookies: Cookies sent to the user’s computer from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by a different entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or website managed by the editor itself, but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as first-party cookies.
There is also a second classification depending on the length of time that the cookies remain stored in the client’s browser:
- Session Cookies: Designed to receive and collect information while the user accesses a website. They are usually used to store information that only needs to be kept for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g., a list of products purchased).
- Persistent Cookies: The data is stored on the computer and can be accessed and processed for a period of time defined by the party responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with six types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained are processed:
- Technical Cookies: Cookies that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform, or application and that allow the user to use the different options of available services such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing to restricted areas, recording the elements that make up an order, completing the purchase process of an order, completing the application for registration or participation in an event, using security features during navigation, storing content for broadcasting videos, sound or sharing content through social networks.
- Personalization Cookies: Cookies that allow the user to access the service with some general predefined characteristics according to a series of criteria in the user’s computer, such as the language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, the regional settings from where the user accesses the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These cookies allow the party responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the website, application or platform, the elaboration of users browsing profiles applications and platforms. All this information is then used to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data of the users of the service.
- Advertising Cookies: They allow the most efficient management of advertising spaces.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: They store information on user behavior obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows for the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Disabling and deleting cookies
You have the option to allow, block, or delete the cookies installed on your computer by changing the settings on your browser. By disabling cookies, some of the services may no longer be available. The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also refer to the browser’s Help menu where you can find instructions. The user may at any time choose which cookies he/she wants to operate on this website.
You can allow, block, or delete cookies installed on your computer by changing the settings of the browser installed on your computer:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer o Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
In addition, you can also manage the storage of cookies on your browser by using tools such as
Cookies used on https://canversia.com/
The cookies that are being used in this website are identified below, as well as their type and function:
Given this information, it is possible to carry out the following actions:
- Accept cookies: This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the website during the current session.
- Close: This notification is hidden on this page.